Johnny Smith
J.B. Wood
2013-06-18 13:01:58 UTC
I saw an obituary in the 6/16/13 Washington Post that the subject
(composer of "Walk, Don't Run") had passed away on June 11. So I have a
question for Joey G.: Did this musician's style have any influence on
you? Sincerely,
J. B. Wood e-mail: ***@hotmail.com
Joey Goldstein
2013-06-20 05:49:36 UTC
Post by J.B. Wood
I saw an obituary in the 6/16/13 Washington Post that the subject
(composer of "Walk, Don't Run") had passed away on June 11. So I have a
question for Joey G.: Did this musician's style have any influence on
you? Sincerely,
I've got nothing but respect for Johnny Smith but his guitar style has
had very little influence on my own approach to the guitar.
The reverence he has within the jazz guitar community is entirely earned
though.
Why do you ask?

Walk Don't Run is among the least of his accomplishments although I'm
sure it helped him enormously financially.
--
Joey Goldstein
<http://www.joeygoldstein.com>
<http://home.primus.ca/~joegold/AudioClips/audio.htm>
J.B. Wood
2013-06-20 10:50:22 UTC
Post by Joey Goldstein
I've got nothing but respect for Johnny Smith but his guitar style has
had very little influence on my own approach to the guitar.
The reverence he has within the jazz guitar community is entirely earned
though.
Why do you ask?
Just curious, Joey. I'm always interested in knowing well-established
music mentors, teachers and those who influenced accomplished musicians
and composers. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: ***@hotmail.com